Fire Warden Training
What is a Fire Warden/Marshall?
A Fire Warden/Marshall is an individual who has been appointed by the 'responsible person' to assist them in preventative and protective measures in the case of a fire. This may or may not be the 'responsible person' themself.
Fire Wardens ensure safe and timely evacuation of occupants during a fire, leaving no one behind. Although specific fire warden requirements may vary on the premises and nature of the business, they will need fire safety knowledge, physical mobility, communication skills, and crisis management abilities.
Our fire warden training courses offer comprehensive training and education on fire safety, evacuation procedures, equipment usage, emergency communication, and their specific roles and responsibilities during emergencies.
What is involved in the Fire Warden training course?
The Fire Warden Training course is a comprehensive program that prepares participants for the role of a fire warden.
The course covers the Fire Warden's responsibilities during evacuation procedures, including:
- Conducting fire drills at regular intervals.
- The Fire Warden's Role in Evacuation Procedures includes ensuring the accounting of all evacuated individuals at the muster point and clearing the building.
- Identifying and reporting potential hazards within the premises that could either ignite a fire or be dangerous in the event of a fire during evacuations.
- Understanding which fire extinguisher to use and how to correctly use it in the event of a fire.
Upon completion, participants will be well-equipped to handle fire emergencies and protect building occupants, and will receive a fire warden training certificate proving their comprehensive training and effective ability as a fire warden.
Why is Fire Warden Training important?
Fire Warden Training is vitally important to every organisation as - given appropriate training - Fire Wardens will be capable of:
- Responding quickly to eliminate fires, preventing a small fire from becoming a major incident.
- Ensure that a workplace can be evacuated efficiently and safely in the event of a fire.
- Ensure that fire safety equipment and processes are up code to for in-place fire safety plans.
How long is Fire Warden Training valid for?
Generally, Fire Warden Training course certificates expire every three years. However, this number may change depending on the nature of the hazards and risks on the premises, and the requirements identified by the fire risk assessment.
Please contact us to book your Fire Warden Training. Alternatively, you can use our online instant quote calculator to gain a free estimated price.