Released On 27th Oct 2023
How can I ensure Fire Safety for my hospitality business?
Hospitality businesses have a high-risk nature meaning that fire safety should be done thoroughly. Therefore, you should be taking preventative steps to protect your property, employees, and customers. A key step is fire risk assessments.
Hospitality businesses require special considerations and a more thorough fire risk assessment in some cases to ensure comprehensive protection from fire.
Kitchen and Cooking Safety
We will inspect the following:
- Maintenance of appliances to avert malfunctions causing fires
- Safe storage of flammable materials away from heat sources
- Adequate ventilation to prevent fume build-up and grease accumulation
- The installation and upkeep of efficient fire suppression systems
We will check each guest room for:
- The necessary equipment and evacuation plans such as smoke detectors, sprinklers, and clear evacuation instructions
- All of your exit routes, ensuring they are clearly marked and obstruction-free
Staff training and communication
We provide detailed guidance on:
- Evacuation protocols
- Optimal fire extinguisher utilisation
- Effective communication procedures during emergencies
Additionally, we will:
- Define the roles and responsibilities that each staff member should have in the case of a fire
- Provide information that staff should convey to guests to ensure their safety in the event of a fire
If following our fire risk assessment staff should require fire awareness, extinguisher, and/or fire warden training - we provide these courses separately which you can find on our training courses page here.
Through a comprehensive fire risk assessment, our BAFE SP205 certified assessors will thoroughly evaluate your restaurant's safety measures.